i REALLY DON'T READ UNLESS i AM TOLD TO. i SOMETIMES LiKE TO READ BUT iT DEPENDS ON WHAT TYPE OF BOOK iT iS AND WHAT iT iS ABOUT. i STARTED READiNG iN SPANiSH BUT THEN WHEN i STARTED SCHOOL i LEARNED HOW TO READ iN ENGLiSH AND TO THiS DAY SINCE i READ MORE iN ENGLiSH i CAN READ ENGLiSH WAY BETTER THAN SPANiSH EVEN THOUGH i DO KNOW HOW TO READ iN SPANiSH PLENTY. WHEN i WAS LiTTLE MY MOM WOULD NEVER READ TO ME iN ENGLiSH. ONLY iN SPANiSH THE ONLY TiME SOMEBODY WOULD READ TO ME iN ENGLiSH WOULD BE AT SCHOOL.
!What I thought of blogging!
17 years ago
2 comments:
Michelle-
You are so lucky to have such a rich background! I have so many questions for you- Do you remember learning to speak English? Was it hard for you? Do you prefer to read in English or Spanish now?
Not everyone loves reading, and that's ok! What types of books do you enjoy? I know you are reading The Lost Boy (great book)-if you like non-fiction books like that one, we have a few more- "Annie's Baby" a diary from a teenage mother, and "Go Ask Alice," a diary based on the life of a teenager who becomes addicted to drugs (They sound very depressing-but i have had a lot of students enjoy them!). Thanks for sharing!
I can usually only read when I'm not told to. If I'm forced to read, especially when I have to take notes, I don't like to read.
Post a Comment